Metacognitive Mentoring Course
Metacognitive strategies are crucial for helping clients transition their improved self-regulation to the classroom, workplace, or an athletic event. This course has been designed to engage organizational skills, productivity, and coping strategies on a deeper level. These lessons allow clients to evaluate their current strengths and weaknesses and learn how to implement these strategies for their specific situation. This course has been developed by teachers licensed by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). Some topics include:
- Planning & Time Management.
- Procrastination & Motivation.
- Organizing Information.
- Organizing your Environment.
- Being Successful in the Workplace.
- Managing Secondary and Postsecondary Education.
- Healthy Eating & Exercise.
- Employability Skills (Resume, Cover letter and Interview skills).
- Test Taking.
- Presentation Skills.
- Career Planning.
Please note that services are not covered under OHIP, but may be covered by insurance or extended health care benefits.